Munks + Me wallpaper is made to order so please expect up to two weeks (7-10 working days) for your order to arrive. Please note that there may be instances where the production time is longer for bespoke designs but you will be notified of any such delays.
Delivered Monday-Friday (excluding bank or public holidays).
Our wallpaper is printed on the highest quality non-woven paper. It is printed in 96cm panels making it much easier to hang!
If you would like to see a sample before purchasing your wallpaper, please contact us and we will gladly send one out to you. Please note that we scale down our mural and repeat pattern sample designs, to ensure that you have visibility of as much of the design and colours in the sample as possible. The true scale of the mural or repeat pattern is what you will see on the wallpaper product page online.
Please also note that colours may vary slightly between the sample and production, as they will have been printed in different print batches.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Non-woven wallpapers are paste the wall application
- Paint Roller & Tray (to paste the glue onto the wall)
- Paintbrush (For the areas that the roller misses, e.g. along the ceiling and skirting boards)
- Bucket with water and a cloth
- Wallpaper paste, please choose one suited for non-woven wallpapers
- Wallpaper Smoother or Brush
- Sharp knife/Craft knife
- Spirit level or plumb line (To make sure the wallpaper is straight)
- Steel ruler (To make a straight, clean cut along the top and bottom)
- Wallpaper sponge (Soft cloth or sponge, preferably a cellulose sponge)
- Your Lovely Wallpaper
NON-WOVEN WALLPAPER HANGING INSTRUCTIONS
Please read these instructions carefully before hanging your wallpaper or mural. It is advisable that a professional decorator is used.
- Remove any old wallpaper and loose paint.
- Walls should be dry, clean and even.
- Walls should have at least one coat of primer on them before applying the wallpaper, to ensure a strong adhesion.
- Roughen painted surfaces with sandpaper before applying the adhesive.
PASTING AND HANGING
- Please ALWAYS lay out the wallpaper on the floor first before you hang it to make sure the panels all line up and match perfectly.
- Please ALWAYS start the hanging from left to right hanging first PANEL A, B, C and so on (like reading a book)
- This is a paste the wall product. The decorator should paste the wall and not the back of the wallpaper.
- A good quality, solvent free, fungicide protected ready-mixed ‘tub’ adhesive – specifically for paste the wall non-woven papers should be used.
- Paste should be evenly applied to the wall to hang one length at a time, to an area slightly wider than width of the paper.
- Butt joints and use a decorators brush to smooth down the wall covering, working from the center to the edges to express air bubbles.
- Avoid squeezing paste out of the joints and ensure paste does not get onto the brush or roller.
- No paste should be allowed to come into contact with the surface and hands should be kept clean and dry whilst hanging the wall covering.
- Paste will damage the surface. We cannot accept responsibility for marks or damage caused by paste.
- Should any paste have been allowed to come into contact with the surface, it should be lightly sponged whilst still moist, using a clean damp sponge.
CARING FOR YOUR WALLPAPER
The wallpaper should be cleaned by dusting with a clean dry brush or by brush accessory on a vacuum cleaner.